I know, my posts have been truly infrequent lately. I apologize (I probably already did that in an earlier post) but school really has me swamped lately. Not that this is any different from last term... The good thing is that all of my hard work paid off in spades last term because I made the Dean's List, and I'm on track to make it again this term. Yeah!
A few of you knew that I got a new phone a month or so ago. I lost it this last week. I left it in a classroom and, when I realized I didn't have it, I went straight back; it was already gone. It couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. I'm still hoping that someone is going to try to find a way to get it back to me, but that's dwindling day by day. It happens to be a smartphone with a password on it. If you enter the incorrect password too many times, the phone locks itself down. There's no external information on it to tell anyone that it belongs to me. I've notified campus security, the local police station, the cell phone company, and the manufacturer of the phone. I also talked to the office in the building where I left the phone and had my professor from that class send out an email to all the students in that class. No luck yet, and it's been 5 days. The day it happened, Steve said I'd never see the phone again, but I keep hoping that he's wrong. I am posting a sign in the student union building and the library tomorrow to see if that will net me anything. So discouraging.
Well, that was kind of a bummer. Um, on the up-side, Steve gave me a gift certificate to a local salon for Valentine's Day so I have a whole year to go in and get several pampering things done. I'm thinking about making a haircut the first one, but they also have a hot stone relaxation therapy something-or-other that is calling to me, too. I'll have to decide.
Oh, I know! Just this past weekend, our cub scout pack went to OMSI for a scout-only night! It was so cool because they have a DaVinci exhibit in right now! They had models of inventions that he had designed/made, details on the Mona Lisa, exhibits of many of his other famous paintings; it was a great evening. Unfortunately, they didn't allow children under 4 to go, so Steve stayed home with Madison. Lucky for me, I guess :)
I'm sure there are other bits of news I could catch up on somewhere in this, but they're escaping me at the moment, and it's after 6pm, so I really should go make some dinner for the kids. Steve has a meeting tonight so he won't be home until late, but at least it means the schedule is relaxed a bit for the evening; the kids aren't nearly as demanding about when they get their dinner :)
3 comments:
Too bad about your phone, that really bites! I hope you really enjoy your pampering at the salon, that hot stone relaxation therapy sounds wonderful.
I was going to call you yesterday...guess I wouldn't have gotten you anyway. But I'm SO glad to see something up!! I've missed seeing things from you and I assumed that school was taking all your time, but still I wanted to hear any little something. I'm so glad my wish was granted EVEN THOUGH I didn't get to talk to you. I hope you get your phone back...that would make me mad.
So glad to see a post from you! I'd missed hearing all your news. Such a bummer about your phone. I had a 12-year old girl steal mine at a skating rink, and we got it back by looking online at the numbers she was calling, and having the police go to the addresses of these numbers. Is there any way someone could actually make calls on it? If so, you might try what we did. Your salon gifts sounds heavenly!!
Post a Comment