So we will be taking a quiet day at home today, since the temperatures aren't supposed to warm up much (we're at 28 degrees) and that doesn't allow for any melting of the ice. It's still not as bad as the ice storm that Spokane got in '97, though.
Make My Day!
Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Holy Icicles, Batman!
We've been getting freezing rain here in the last 24 hours. Needless to say, from the pictures below, we aren't going to church this morning. I had to walk very slowly and carefully just to get the pictures I did; we are NOT taking the car on this! This first one is a Japanese maple that sits right outside our front door. If you look really closely in the upper right part of the tree, you can see the green end of a plug from the string of lights that is sitting on this tree. I'm thinking about turning on the lights and see how they look shining through the ice....
There's the antennae on Steve's car; it's a bit thicker than it's supposed to be...
And our poor trees in the back yard. No, these are not any variety of willow. They usually stand up quite straight.
One tree even had a few casualties in the branch department. We'll have to call the management company tomorrow and see if they can help us get rid of them. I heard further cracklings from the weight of the ice while I was walking around getting these pics so I came in quickly. I don't exactly want to still be out there if more branches come down. Thankfully, I think they are just barely far enough from the house that they won't be coming through any windows...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH MY GOSH! That ice is INCREDIBLE! So thick!! I would be up for a day at home as well!!
Intense. I'm glad I just get stuck with snow. Seriously!
Wow, so beautiful, and so dangerous! I'd be staying indoors too....
We keep hearing that the Northwest is blasted...Hope the weather co-operates for our revised plans:)
Wow! that is scary. I wouldn't want to go out in that either. It does make for some neat pictures.
Post a Comment