I have a small update, even though it's not much yet. In my PE lecture today the professor pulled me aside to let me know that she had received an anonymous email from someone who says they know who took the phone and that they are going to return it in the next day or so. I suspect that they are only finally returning it because I personally talked to each of the classes and made it personal, which is a little discouraging because it means that they had to be convinced to do the right thing. But if it means that I'm getting my phone back I told the professor I wouldn't ask any questions or cause any trouble for the individuals. They had managed to hack the phone and put some things on it, so they are going to remove those before they return it, but that indicates that from the moment they picked it up they didn't really have any thoughts about returning it, until I pestered everyone continually. So I'm really pleased that it looks like I'm getting it back, but the initial dishonesty of people is a little bit of a downer still.
In the meantime, when/if it actually comes back to me, we're going to add the $5/month insurance so that we're protected if I do something this riduculous again!
2 comments:
that's...bittersweet. Yeah, you get the phone, but I agree about the dishonesty being a big bummer. Hope the phone actually does come back. And seriously, way to go for being so persistant. I would probably have given up sooner and just stewed about it.
That bites about your phone. Crossing my fingers it comes back to you, in workable condition and not totally messed up. Glad school is going so well for you though!
Post a Comment