Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Odds and Ends...

This was from a few days ago (might have even been last week, I'm a little hazy on the details) but we had decided to make chicken parmigiana for dinner and I made a mistake. I'll bet you can't tell. Actually, it took me about 15 minutes to realize it. I'll give you a hint. That's not cheese on top of that piece of chicken. Yep. We had bought a Costco box of shredded hash browns but one of the (3) bags inside ripped too far and I had to put the hash browns in a gallon zip lock instead. That was a week or two before we made this dinner so I saw this shredded white stuff in the freezer and assumed that I had some shredded mozz sitting around ready to put on top of our chicken. I only caught on when it didn't melt after an extraordinarily long time in the oven and then being put under the broiler. Maybe I should mark the bag so I don't do that again...I'm pretty sure this was last week sometime, but we had made our roast beef hash for breakfast and Madison wasn't real keen on eating it. I had baked a small batch of cookies (keeping dough in the fridge all ready is so convenient) so that Steve and Kellen could have them in their lunches. I left them sitting on the stove top and they had cooled sufficiently that Madison felt they would be the perfect accompaniment to her breakfast :)
We have now taken to locking the fridge with a bungee cord because Madison has a habit of getting in there to take bites out of a few apples and then leave them around the house for me. Before we did that, though, I had opened the fridge one day to find a bottle in there. Neither of our kids require bottles anymore, and this one isn't even real! Madison had decided that her baby doll's bottle needed to be chilled, I guess.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute kids and their food! It's great to be in touch with you. No, Brenda won't have a blog. She's not really in touch with the family any more...long, sad story. I hope you're doing well though! E-mail me at lindseysanders (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. You can pass my e-mail to the rest of the family too. I love hearing from all of you!

Karen said...

Very funny! Both the shredded potatoes and the bottle in the frige...ha ha ha:)

McD Fam said...

I suppose I'm fortunate that Dallas doesn't have the strength to actually open the fridge yet. He sure likes to tug on the handle, though. I'll just have to gear up for fridge invasions when he's able:)
The potatoes definately sound like something I would do, I'm not so great at marking the stuff in my freezer.{:)

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

I had to laugh at the shredded potatoes on top of the chicken parmigiana. Keeping cookie dough in the fridge is a great idea - wouldn't work for me though - I love cookie dough almost as much as the cookies themselves and would definitely it definitely would be gone in no time! Kathy