It had been Judy's birthday the middle of last month, but they were on a road trip so we brought her present with us on this visit. After Judy had removed the little stone box that Kellen and I had picked out for her at the Rock and Gem Show last month, Madison confiscated the bag and refilled it with oodles of McDonald's toys from the drawer kept in the spare bedroom just for that purpose :)
On Saturday afternoon, Bob and Kellen sat down to work on his God and Me booklet so that he can earn his religious emblem for the God and Country section of his Bear book.
Steve was plagued by allergies all weekend and was feeling pretty lousy, regardless of the fact that he HAD to get those rotors done; there wasn't going to be another opportunity, and Bob couldn't do it for him.
On Sunday morning there were the traditional silver dollar pancakes with toppings consisting of powdered sugar, syrup, jam, or cinnamon and sugar.

Holding with tradition, Judy mixed up the pancake batter and then Bob manned the griddle, flipping pancakes for everyone :)
After church on Sunday, Judy set out a snack tray of salami, wheat thins, cheddar cheese, and string cheese. Very yummy! Madison particularly loved the cheeses!
After our snack, we all trooped outside for some family photos. Kellen thought it was much to bright out, but the funny thing is that it was raining 20 minutes later!
So here are the four of us with Steve's mom....
And the four of us with Steve's dad...

And then a Mother's Day picture of just me with my kids! What the picture doesn't show is that Kellen was a little overly energetic and ended up almost knocking all of us over :) It was a wonderful picture, though, and I don't get many of me WITH my kids, since I am much more often behind the camera than in front of it!
5 comments:
That looks like it was a fun day at the Grandparents home! What a beautiful yard!! Love all the colorful flowers, and green grass.
I love that picture of you with your kids. We all need a few more of those. I love that it's not posed and you all look so happy.
I'm glad you had fun and got some pictures! And I'm glad you did the buddies tag...it was fun to read.
I love the picture of you and the kids. It is one in a million. you guys have beautiful kiddos!
Happy belated Mothers Day.
Those are some great pictures! I'm glad you got to enjoy your weekend with Steve's parents.
Post a Comment