First of all, I'd like to apologize to Rachel for being SOOOOO remiss in getting around to posting this :) I really haven't been ignoring the blogging world so much as I have been spending time with Steve and getting things done this week. I really don't do much blogging when he's home because it takes away from the little time I get to spend with him. So, that said, here we go!
Rules of this Tag:
1. Answer the questions about the list of friends and/or family on your blog.
2. If you don’t have 18 names answer the question about the next name that you have not had a question for on your list.
3. Tag 5 people.
Although I have recipe blogs and my blogs listed, for the purpose of this tag I'll be going from my favorite blogs list :)
When did you first meet the first person on your list? Melinda (being my younger sister) entered my life on Dec 7, 1983 and brought Aaron (now her husband, and father to their two little girls) home to meet the family in the summer of 2004. He was duly inducted by fire into the family ranks when he helped all of us pick, shuck, cut, and freeze LOTS of corn during that summer before they got married!
What do you like about the third person on your list's blog? Well, I'm not sure how this one would really work... The third blog on my list is actually the Apron Girls so (A) it's a collection of women who discuss almost anything from crafts to toilet training and (B) I've never actually met any of them. I do, however, enjoy checking their blogs to see the fun decorating or craft ideas they have and to occasionally offer input/advice depending on the circumstance :)
What do you like best about the fifth and sixth people on your list? The fifth person on my blog is Rachel and I have to say that the thing I like best about her is the inspiration she brings to her blog. She is so spontaneous about just enjoying the wonderful moments with her family, and there are very few days that I don't think I need to be more like her with my kids. The sixth blog on my list really doesn't count, because it's an update blog for the upcoming family reunion; really only for informational purposes. That being the case, I'm going to skip to the seventh (am I allowed to do that?) and do Sarah H. instead. I haven't truly met Sarah, but she is my sister's sister-in-law. I think the thing that I like best about Sarah is that she has been a friend to my sister, since they live quite a ways away from the rest of our family and friends are so very important to have.
How long have you known the ninth person on your list? My entire life. As my grandparents, they have always been there :)
What impresses you about the eleventh and twelfth people on your list? Oh, dear. Well, the eleventh person on my list is another that I haven't actually met in person. Nicia is step-daughter to my aunt so I enjoy trying to get to know her a little through her blog, but I don't really KNOW her. The twelfth person on my blog is my cousin Sarah and I am impressed with the positive attitude that she has put forth in making their move earlier this year as Jon was seeking his internship since this coincided with being very pregnant with their son. She has a beautiful little family and takes such pleasure in them, it's always wonderful to read her posts about them :)
What is a memory you have with the sixteenth person on your list? Ken and Jeanette are my aunt and uncle, so I actually have lots of memories with them... They hosted the family reunion two years ago so we got to spend some time with their family then. That was also when we learned that they only lived a few miles away from us! So, in the months after that, we would periodically have Samuel over to play, or let Kellen go play at their house, or beg babysitting when necessary :) I particularly remember an evening when we took Samuel with our family to Chuck E. Cheese and sat visiting with Ken and Jeanette afterwards. We also got to visit with them a few years before that when we were living in California and they were stationed at a base only a few hours away :)
Say something nice about the eighteenth person on your list. Wow, where to start? Mike and Annette are also my aunt and uncle (I have a FEW of those :) and they have been such a wonderful influence in my life. Annette is wonderfully creative and I think that if you look amazing up in the dictionary you'll find her picture. She was a huge support when I started back to school a couple years ago and has always been a source of loving advice when I had problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment