Make My Day!
Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
"The honey is yucky"
I personally had no liking for honey growing up. I avoided it at all cost (and probably complained a great deal more than was really necessary) and now I only buy it to make honey butter with and to put in the occasional recipe that calls for it. On a whim, I decided to see if Madison would like it. Just because I don't like something, doesn't mean that they can't like it, right? So for Madison's lunch today I made her a peanut butter and honey sandwich. She always has peanut butter and jelly, per her request. Today, I convinced her to try it by reminding her that Pooh eats honey (I know, underhanded!) but she didn't like it. Part way through her sandwich she looked right at me and told me that the honey was yucky. She finished it anyway, but it apparently isn't going to be something she'll want to eat again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
my kids like it and i dont. I think i liked it on my plain cherrios when we were out of honey nut, but other than that no thanks.
Be proud--my kids have had a peanut butter ANYTHING sandwhich maybe 3 times...I just don't think about it because we love turkey sandwiches. But I actually don't mind honey--and we might have to give that a try!
My kids love honey! "What sandwhich do you want?" "Peanut butter and honey!" "Do you want sugar on your cereal?" "We want honey!" "What is dripping out of your mouth, all over the table, and covering the floor?" "HONEY!" When I was pregnant with Nathan and William, honey was the one thing besides splenda I could put on my cereal that wouldn't raise my blood sugar. We try never to run out at my house!
Post a Comment