So far, it's rained about four of our waking hours today which, since it's now 11am, is saying something. It only just stopped in the last few minutes. I have sat on the couch reading a book most of the morning, allowing the kids to just watch cartoons. Kellen eventually tired of that, though, so he's playing video games now.
It's really not good for watching calories, but I decided I wanted to bake something today, so I now have some mint chocolate brownies in the oven. If I like them, I'll put the recipe up on my other blog. At least they'll make a good treat after lunch, which is fortunately only about a half hour away. If I feed Madison lunch at around 11:30am she is more likely to go down for her nap between noon and 1pm. This isn't as critical this week, since we don't have to leave the house to get Kellen from school, but I don't want to disrupt the routine, either. She's highly unpredictable as it is; I don't need to make it worse :) And since Kellen is getting some video game time now (instead of during nap-time), I have high hopes of getting his books organized while Maddi is down for her nap. I had had intentions of doing it yesterday, and Kellen went to play with a friend instead. I really couldn't begrudge him that since the weather was going to be nasty the rest of the week...
I know that there is lots of housework I could get done, but I'm just feeling really, incredibly bored today. I need a project!
5 comments:
Maybe I will pass a few of my TO DO's your way! :) jk...
Hope your rainy day turns a little sunshiny--at least INSIDE!
That was definitely my day yesterday. It was overcast in the morning and we just got off to a slow start. I never really got Emma dressed and I stayed in pajama pants till 5 pm. We just lounged around the house all day. There's just something about a rainy day that makes for a lazy day. I hope the afternoon is better.
Your banana splits look so good! And your minty chocolatey brownies sound good too. I hope you're able to get that cat problem fixed, so your tulips can grow!
So it's projects you want....COME ON DOWN!!! I have had a number of busy days. Last week I made curtains for both of Evie's windows, a pillow case and a quilt top. Got the quilt top quilted (by machine) on Saturday and bound on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I have been working on Dallas' quilt top...it's so CUTE. I love all the little cowboy boots! Anyway, I should finish piecing it tomorrow on break and maybe also finish piecing Evie's pillow sham. I don't think I will try to quilt Dallas' top this weekend. I need to regroup a little and get my packing done for Wisconsin. I would like a lazy day between now and then!
You can come and let ME be your project! ;) j/k Hope the brownies were good!
Post a Comment