Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Pinewood Derby!

This picture came out a little blurry (sorry) but I'm putting it up anyway because it's a good picture of the track that we used. There is the one bump that you can see here and then there's a second one farther down the track that give the cars a little boost of speed twice in the race. Dave (our cubmaster) commented that it has meant that cars that go to District go slower on the official track than they do on ours. Oh, well. The boys had a blast!
After Madison ate her hot dog she had a cupcake for dessert. You can see it's a chocolate cupcake, and it had a nice, thick layer of frosting on top, and then it was topped with a really cute gummy octopus! Of course, Madison only really at the frosting....
Here is a picture of all the boys afterwards with their various awards for the design of their cars. Kellen is the third face in on the left on the top row :) I know it's not as many pictures as I would have hoped to take, but I may come out okay on that anyway because I have a sneaking suspicion that Judy got quite a few more pictures than I did...
This is a short (because the races go so fast!) clip of one of the races.

No comments: