Make My Day!
Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Lazy Mornings
Today didn't start off very lazy, because I had to wake Steve up at 545am so that he could drive into work today and give a leadership training at the office. Ugh. That means we won't see him again until late afternoon. But after that the kids and I had zuchinni bread and hot chocolate. I'll have to get busy a little later, though. Our local trash company doesn't pick up yard waste at our house, but they do let you drop off yard waste on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month all year long. That includes your Christmas tree. So I have three bags of yard waste and my Christmas tree that I need to get over to the drop-off today. Otherwise it will have to wait another two weeks, which leaves my tree sitting on my porch for that entire time. The real problem is that I'm not sure how to get the tree there. The bags I can handle; I carried them out of the back yard, I can put them in the trunk of my car. But the tree won't fit in the trunk, and I'm not tall/strong enough to heft it onto the top of my car, at least not without hurting myself. Steve suggested that I cram it as far as I can fit into the trunk and bungee the trunk closed. I may try that, because that's a lot safer than the alternative!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment