Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Monday, January 7, 2008

I've got three...Will anyone give me four?

I was a little late getting dinner started this evening so I let Madison have some pumpkin bread on a plate. I was thinking one piece but she took two. That's fine. I didn't feel like arguing with her while I was trying to get dinner on. Then she came back for more. I gave her a slice from a smaller loaf. She fussed so I put two on there. No, she wanted one from the bigger loaf. I removed one of the small ones and put on a larger slice. "I want three," she says, so I add the small slice back on. "I want four," she says. At this, I just start cracking up. She is very persistent when she wants something, but this is the first I've actually seen her start haggling with me!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Jenna does that same thing! Last time she was trying to get more candy. Brandon said, "would you like 2 or 3 pieces" (trying to let her feel in control. She looked at him and said "um...how about 10?" We both dies laughing!

Karen said...

What is amazing is that Maddie doesn't just know the words of the numbers...she knows the equivalent. She is some awesome girl! Lots of kids have a hard time actually counting even though they know their numbers.