Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mommy's Little Helpers

I'm working on my holiday baking still; you know, one item every couple of days. Yesterday was Cheese Crunchers, today was essentially miniature raspberry cupcakes with a chocolate chip in the middle. Kellen helped by pushing the chocolate chips down into the cakes. Then I decided to do a mini loaves of chocolate chip cake. While I was waiting for the raspberry cupcakes to finish (so that I could put in the chocolate chip loaves) I turned to read Mom's blog. Then I heard liquid behind me and turned to see Madison pouring vanilla onto the countertop, one lidful at a time. Both of them really do like to help, most of the time. That wonderful quality is wearing off of Kellen a little as he gets older, and Madison occasionally throws a "No!" at me when I ask her to take something back to her room, but overall they really are good helpers and they love to help with whatever I'm doing.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I can completely relate. Last night, my handmixer ended up taking a banana bread bath--not sure how they motor handled that one just yet--but the kids DO love helping!

Melinda said...

Evie loved helping me out with the Christmas stuff. She also loves picking out the stickers to label what gift is whose...then peeling them off the packages. I love having a little helper, at least most of the time!