We've been here for 3 and a half months, and I can count on one hand the number of times that I've gone 'into town' by myself. Essentially, I know how to get to Steve's office. That's it. As a general rule, the things I need are right here within a mile or so of me. That isn't really a bad thing, but it does mean that I don't know my way around, outside of a two-mile radius. So I was a little thrilled when I was getting directions on Google for some places to get my Christmas shopping done and realized that, because the Office Depot is just up the road from Steve's office, I actually know where something is at! Okay, it's not much, and it still doesn't take me outside of my comfort zone, but it was great to be able to recognize the location of anything at all!
I was hoping to be able to make my run into town today, but I'm just not seeing that happen. With Maddi being in the middle of toilet-training, I don't want to leave the house until she's gone to the bathroom, and she hasn't accommodated me yet. I think I'll just go to the post office this afternoon, and we'll save town for tomorrow. That's not such a bad thing, since then Kellen can come with us and help pick out Steve's Christmas presents.
1 comment:
Congrats on the victories--though hardly small! It is a big deal to get to know where you are going in a new place. Congrats! It makes getting around so much easier!! :) YEAH!!!
Post a Comment