Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Who wants to play Tag?

I just love the idea of getting to know everyone better with these fun games, so although I feel a little foolish, I have one I'd like to start. This one has come to me for two reasons. One is that a good way to learn about someone is to learn about their spouse (their other half) and the other is because I have my days when I need to remember why I chose this man, and why I would choose him all over again. So this is two-fold. The first part is to tell the top three things that made you want to love him for the rest of time, and the second is to tell what you've learned about him since that keeps it alive for you.

I think one of the first things that I noticed about Steve is that he respected me. He has never wanted me to do something just because he wanted to do it, or didn't want to do it. He is interested in my opinion and is easily wounded if I am critical of him. What I have to say matters to him.

Another thing that was obvious in the first few days that I knew Steve was that he was very sure of himself. I'm not talking about conceited; I'm talking about being certain of his value as an individual. He knew who he was, and wasn't going to compromise himself in order to win any popularity contests. He has very strong ethics and high moral standards that defined him then as a person I wanted to be with.

I think the last thing is that he so obviously wanted to make me happy. He likes nothing better than to know that I am pleased with something he has done for me or given to me.

This December, we will celebrate our 10th anniversary, and I still know that he is the best thing to have happened to me. He is spontaneous (I need to have all the facts before I make a decision) and loves it when our family gets to spend time together. He can't wait until we are a retired couple touring the country in our motor home and when Kellen calls to see how we're doing he can tell Kellen that we're playing cribbage and I'm cheating because I'm winning (I'd have to be cheating to win at cribbage, I'm really not good at all) but he would really just be enjoying the time spent together playing a game. I think that's what it comes down to for me. After ten years, he still enjoys just watching a movie with me (no chick flicks, but you can't have everything!) or playing a game, and sees us still doing those little things together thirty years from now.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks. I really needed this. I'm already tagged and posted, so enjoy!

McD Fam said...

Talk about a brain buster, I'm posted up and ready to be...read.