Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Visiting With Family

Well, it's been a couple of days since I posted anything new, but things have been generally busy lately, without there actually being anything new to talk about. A couple of days ago, Madison got a hold of a black Crayola marker and did lovely drawings all over herself. She stripped her clothes so that she had black marks traveling everywhere her hands could reach except her face; maybe that's because she couldn't see the color going on there without a mirror.



Yesterday we laughed at Madison a bit because the thing that she's pulling her doll around in is actually a MegaBlock version of Cinderella's carriage, but Maddi was using it as a wagon. Steve says maybe we need to get her a doll stroller for Christmas...



Then we enjoyed a visit from Steve's parents, Bob and Judy, today. They only live about 2 1/2 hours from us, so it was great to see them this afternoon. While we waited for dinner to cook and Maddi to wake up from her nap Bob, Judy, Steve and Kellen played Zooreka (by Cranium), a game that we find a lot of fun and would highly recommend. After dinner was over, Steve had to go to a meeting and then to the airport since he has a business trip this week. We will be so glad to get him back this weekend.



After Bob and Judy left for home, Kellen got ready for bed and chose Mighty Ducks for a movie tonight. I decided since there is no school tomorrow, I could let him stay up a bit, and maybe buy myself a lie-in tomorrow morning :) We'll see if it works. He's a pretty early riser most days. I don't expect to get any later than 8am, and they may both be up by 7am like usual. If that's the case, then I had better catch what sleep I can, I suppose.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Sounds so fun! I love visiting with family and playing games. It really makes life wonderful!!

Hey, sorry I didn't see your last name announcement. I sign all my blogs up to igoogle.com and it only alerts me when there are new blog postings, not actual changes to the blog. So I was reading them, just didn't see your request. Sorry!

Melinda said...

It's so nice to have some family so near by. I know we've been blessed that way. Thanks for letting me know about Mom's blog!