Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Busy Days...

I know the nylon tent/playhouse thing may or may not have made sense the other day when I talked about the kids playing in it, so here is a pic of them playing earlier in the day. The dome tent portion is off to the right of the picture, behind the table, but the kids have a lot of fun crawling through it, and Madison tends to drag half of her dolls, toys, and books inside it when it's up. We finally took it down yesterday evening because it just takes up so much room :)

 


This morning I was reminded by Steve that Kellen's class was one of several participating in a school play this evening, and Kellen was supposed to have a costume. There were only a handful of kids with speaking parts (Kellen wasn't one of them) and everyone else was encouraged to dress up as a villager, knight, king or queen to sing the accompanying songs to "The Princess and the Pea". Kellen had wanted to be a knight, and I've known this for a couple of weeks now. Notice that I had not done anything with that knowledge yet. Mom will recognize the quote, "If you leave it until the last minute, it only takes a minute." So today I spent an hour or so searching the internet for ideas on inexpensively creating a knight out of thin air. I finally settled on cardboard, an apple juice jug, silver spray paint, and gray thermal pajamas. I spent a large part of the day cutting cardboard and the apple jug, painting everything, and finding a lion to print on cardstock to make a stencil for the front of the armor. It won't win any prizes, but Kellen was happy with it. The play was really cute, from what I actually got to see. Madison didn't want to sit still and a fairly tall guy was sitting right in front of me, but such is life.

 


There are more pictures of the kids playing with the tents and of Kellen in his costume in the web albums so feel free to check those out.

Steve went for his x-ray this morning and they said we should hear back in another 2-3 days, but Steve has a business trip coming up next week so he may call the doctor at the end of the day tomorrow to see if they know anything yet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Cute knight! At least since it was easy and disposable you don't really have to worry about it getting ruined-if it does. I love the play yard thing!

Anonymous said...

I love Kellen's "knight" I hope he had a good time in the play, he looks great. Don't leave the tube-house-tent put away for too long. Enjoy the mess today, I promise it will go away much sooner than you expect. Love, Mom