Make My Day!
Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!
Friday, August 14, 2009
I Skype!
I had some rollercoasters to get there, but I am finally on Skype! I'm so excited! Mom told me last night that they had been Skyping with LaNita that evening and it suddenly clicked in my brain that the laptop has a built-in web-cam. Needless to say, the moment I got off the phone I was trying to download the software. Then came the drop in my ride. My laptop (actually it's a netbook) has partitions in the memory making the C: drive only 4gb while the D: drive has 150gb, but the software is designed to only install in the C: drive, and there wasn't enough room!! AAAGGGHHH! This morning I tackled the problem again trying to remove the partitions (not really recommended, according to the experts) and trying to move unessentials from C to D in order to create more room. I finally managed it, the program loaded and installed, and I got on to chat with my parents this morning! As small a thing as this may sound like, living at the outer regions of the Northwest means I don't get to see everyone very often, even though phone calls and blogging are always available to me. I know, there's always something better out there (when are they going to fix the quirks in that instantaneous teleportation idea, anyway?) but for now I have a new toy, and I am definitely looking forward to making use of it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! That's pretty cool you got around all the fancy computer stuff. I'm only so good with computers, and usually let my dad tell me how to do stuff like that. Enjoy your skyping!
Skyping is SO fun, especially when there are grandkids involved! We love skyping to see little Alyssa. We should skype sometime!
Post a Comment