Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Photo Tag!

I was tagged by both Mom and Michelle, so here it goes!


A current project you are working on...

In case you can't tell, this is a tie rack that I am making for Steve and the sandpaper that was waiting to smooth it out so that we can hang his ties on it :)

The oldest thing you own...


I don't have a lot of truly old stuff, although I'm not exactly sure why that is.... Anyway, these two are probably the oldest items I have. The tea cup was a gift from Steve's grandma several years ago and the plates were a gift to me from my grandma (paternal) before I met Steve.

Your worst pair of shoes...

I bought these just a few months after Madison was born and they are fairly trashed now. Notice the splits at the sides, the dirt stains; in short, Steve would be happiest if I just threw them away. I continue to wear them for bummin' around the house kind of stuff, though.

Something from your childhood... Most of my family will recognize these dolls immediately :) These two dolls were made for Mariah and I a long time ago. I want to say that I was 9 yrs old, but Mom would know for sure... I can hardly believe that when we were living in California (Kellen was still an only child then) I was contemplating getting rid of them, because I didn't have a little girl to play with them. I had even called Mom to ask if she wanted dibs on them because they were of such high sentimental value. Now Madison plays with them every day, and says they are HER baby dolls!

Your 3 favorite movies...

Okay, I don't know that these are my absolute favorites, because that changes depending on my mood. Also, some of my TRUE favorites aren't movies that we actually own... Benny and Joon is just a really cute, whimsical movie that is always good for sweetly happy pick-me-up. Pirates of the Caribbean (did I even spell that right?) is just plain fun to watch! And the Bourne Identity is a really good action movie. It even led me to read the book and, while they're definitely different, I enjoyed both immensely :)

Your key chain...

What can I say? I have the keys to the cars (one Honda Accord, one Chevy Malibu), my jump drive, the house key, the mailbox key, a couple of store cards, and my Eeyore.

Your favorite edible treat in the house right now...

I am a really big fan of dark chocolate, and these have become my recent favorite, although I'll try almost anything that's dark chocolate :)

Something in your home you are proud of...

I'm pretty sure an explanation isn't really necessary on this one!

Your favorite wall hanging...

Steve's dad made this for Steve for Valentine's Day before we had even met and it has followed us everywhere we've lived. It's very simplistic, but I really love seeing that reminder of love in our home.

Something in your yard that makes you smile...

I don't actually know what this flower is, but it's blooming in my backyard! I, of course, can't limit my smiles to just these blooms, but they represent all of the beautiful things in my yard that bring so much color to my scenery :)

I have no idea who is left to tag, so if you feel like participating, we'd love to see your stuff!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah! That was great fun, I love your flowers...you have so many different kinds. I remember your heart wall hanging, and your kids are definitely something to be proud of:) It was fun to see the cabbage patch kids, they were such the rave for a while. I'm glad Maddi enjoys them!

Kathy Whittle said...

I like dark chocolate too, only it wouldn't last sitting around my house! What a cute picture of Madison & Kellen. They look like great friends.

Rachel Holloway said...

great job! i STILL HAVE TO GET going on my tag! Darn it!

And what a great story about Steve's dad making that wall hanging. SO cool!

Michelle said...

I think the flowers are a variety of daylilly. I have some that are a different color, but the same basic shape of the flower. Pretty resilient and will come back bigger and bigger every year.

I love hershey's bliss too.... yum!

Esther said...

I am excited to do this tag,although I think I will need to wait until I get back to Utah because the only thing I have in D.C. is my clothes. That is fun to read all about you.

Sarah said...

How fun to have those dolls. I don't know that I have anything like that from my childhood. Very cool.
The flowers are beautiful. That is neat that you have so many in your yard to enjoy.