Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Then and Now Tag

Rules: Go through pictures and memories taken (or given) in an identical situation, to find something that you can compare with now. Use pics or don't, and we'll see how life has changed from then...to now. Tag two people to pass it on.


I am going to take slight liberty with this, because my two pictures aren't exactly the same, but they represent very well what has been on my mind today while I was going through my pictures.
This is a picture of Kellen throwing rocks into a stream (Steve behind him) when he was about 3 years old. We had a Jeep then and would go off-roading periodically to get out somewhere as a family and escape the day-to-day stuff. You can see how little he was then.

This picture of Kellen was taken just over a month ago, playing with his r/c Jeep in the back yard. Where did the time go? I look back at the pictures and remember so many precious moments, but it has all seemed to pass in a blur. I sat crying over my pictures this morning as I realized how badly I wish it could slow down just for a little bit, because I'm afraid that I'm missing it. He's going to be all grown up before I know it, and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Now, I was tagged by Sarah H., and I am going to tag Rachel and Sarah F. Have fun!

3 comments:

Karen said...

It is quite a shocker to see the difference...he's sure gettin' all grown up! I still get pretty sentimental when I look at my kids pictures of the growing up years...it goes WAY to fast!

McD Fam said...

Hooray for Tags!!! I'm glad you picked it up, and I definately agree with Mom. I remember staying at your house for the summer, and he was such a little guy:>)

Sarah said...

What a fun tag. And it's crazy to see how much he has grown.
I have been thinking about what I want to do for this tag, so it may take me awhile but I will get it done.