Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Friday, May 23, 2008

New Glasses!

I'm a day late finally getting these up, since we picked up Kellen's new glasses yesterday afternoon, but here is a picture of the new specs! Since our vision plan covers it all, they have the scratch-resistant coating, photocramatic (spelling? but it means they'll darken in the sunshine), polycarbonate lenses (makes them shatter-resistant), and they even came with their own set of magnetic clip-on shades.

I know that this picture is a little close, but I had to show you the soccor balls that are on the arms of the glasses! At the moment he's being a little fanatical about cleaning them, since the optometrist game him his own bottle of lense cleaner and a soft cloth for them, and we are trying to ingrain in him the habit of putting them in the case every night so that they don't get misplaced or damaged :)

6 comments:

McD Fam said...

Whoa! I have never seen pics of Steve as a kid, but I've seen yours, and I never thought Kellen looked like either one of you...until this. He looks so much like Steve, I admit I was surprised:)
It's awesome you can get the whole deal because of insurance, tell him he looks "pretty durn smart" from Aunt LaNita!!

Stephanie said...

That's nice that the insurance will cover the whole thing. Those soccer balls are pretty cool, I bet he just loves that! Good luck on making sure the glasses last a good long time without breaking or being lost! It's definitely a battle sometimes!

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

Wow, kids glasses are definitely way better than they were when I was a kid! So many bells and whistles - he looks great!

Karen said...

Whoa! What a handsome kid!! I remember getting my first pair, I was self concious but I was amazed at all the detail of what I could see. He sure loos smart:)

Michelle said...

Wow, those are neat! He looks very nice with glasses. I remember my first pair: huge, round, and pink plastic frames. Gotta love the 80's! I still have plastic frames, but now they are dark brown, wood-grain looking on the outside, and the inside is silver and animal print stripeing! Glasses now are so much better looking, and I love all the details you can have like the pretty much unbreakable. Enjoy your glasses Kellen!

Melinda said...

Those are pretty nifty! It's great he's so attentive to their care, too.