Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Busy Days...

Monday I made a trip into town to a local natural products store to pick up a Diva Cup and grab a few clothes for Madison at Goodwill. Then I got a call from a friend who had been pregnant but suspected she was having a miscarriage and needed me to come sit with her daycare kids for her while she went to a doctor's appointment to have everything checked out. Madison and I were there right up until it was time to get Kellen from school, so her nap was kind of tossed out on it's ear. BTW: my friend did miscarry, but it was in the first few weeks so, as much as she really wanted another baby, she seems to be okay with this for now. I haven't ever miscarried, or personally helped anyone through one, so I have no idea how I should behave with her about this or if I should just take my cues from her...

Tuesday of this last week, Madison and I went to the library for story time (like usual) and then we went to the college campus for me to talk to the registrar's office (re: my appeal to be charged in-state tuition instead of out-of-state, since they don't consider me a resident yet but I will be by the time classes start) and to talk to the admissions office (I haven't heard back yet on my paperwork about whether or not I've actually been accepted, and I need to be able to register for classes before everything is gone) before we went home for lunch. This was followed in quick succession by Madison's nap, getting Kellen from school, taking Kellen to piano lessons, making dinner, and putting everyone to bed.

Wednesday I went to a friend's house for the morning, walked with her and her daycare kids to the library for story time again, received 4T clothes that her daughter has out-grown and then took Madison home for lunch. When I picked Kellen up from school he was talking about trying to make his own Monopoly game, but it would be Webkinz based. He didn't completely understand the game, though. So, since we own 4 different versions of this popular family game (Boy Scouts, Disney, Original, and Jr.), Kellen and I came home and started a game before dinner. We didn't get to finish because I needed to get dinner on and we still had to get out to scouts on time. And the evening is officially gone at that point.

Thursday I spent Madison's naptime curling my hair, doing my make-up, and ironing a skirt for the evening. Then we picked Kellen up from school and we went into another nearby small town to get some groceries and to get Kellen's glasses from the optometrist's office (when we pulled up outside the office, Madison asked if we were at the "tometrist") and then hurried home so that I could throw dinner from a can into the microwave for the kids and finish getting myself ready to go out. I drove the kids to a friend's house who had agreed to watch them for me for the evening and then met Steve in town at a small Asian restaurant for a quick dinner before going to a local function he'd been invited to by someone he knows through work. This function was designed to raise money for different religiously-based social programs that help kids and families that fall through the cracks of The System. They really do some great things in the community, and they are encouraging people to remember that they don't just live in a city, they are part of a neighborhood and when we all act in the best interests of our neighborhood then we can begin to improve things for everyone. Really cool.

Friday was fairly normal, all things considered. After getting Kellen from school we drove to the church for a meeting with our pastor because Kellen has been working on his God and Me award (it earns him the religious emblem for his God and Country Achievment in Cub Scouts) so now we have two more sections to go in his work book before he has earned that award, and he'll actually be awarded a medal during church to show that he has earned that.

We're really not doing much today. I am planning on trying out the lasagna noodle pepperoni roll-up things from Steph's food blog for dinner tonight, and we've done some general clean-up around the house. Kellen has a piano recital tomorrow, which means that Steve's parents will be driving down to see that. Maybe this time I will actually manage to have Steve hold Madison long enough to get some video of Kellen playing...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, busy days is right! I hope your friend is okay after that miscarriage. Jeff's sister had a miscarriage a little before we were married, but got pregnant again and had a little girl shortly before Zaylee was born. I really can't imagine how it would feel to lose a pregnancy like that. So sorry.

I've been really interested in the Diva cup myself, and after stop nursing and get off the IUD and all that jazz I'll probably give it a try. Let us know how it goes, if that isn't too weird :)

McD Fam said...

Busy, busy, busy!! Talk about having a lot on your plate! My sister-in-law, Sarah, had a couple miscarriages, and she might be able to help you help your friend.

Sarah said...

Wow, what a busy week. Sometimes I like those weeks better because it makes the week go by so much faster.
Kellen's glasses look great by the way.