Make My Day!
Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Fund Raisers
I really don't like them. Not at all. I hated doing them when I was involved in things in high school, and my view hasn't changed since then. Unfortunately, the scouts do a lot of fund raisers throughout the year, and I have a cub scout. This time, it was a meat and candy sale. We had Tillamook meat sticks (pepperoni and teryaki) and a box full of Hershey's items (Reese's peanut butter cups, Take 5 bars, Hershey's with Almonds, and KitKats) all for $1 each. I know that's an awful price on the candy, but it's amazingly easy for people to give up just a couple of bucks at the door than to order popcorn, butterbraid, or cookie dough for between $13 and $25 each. So this particular fund raiser ends on Monday and we still had a fair amount left (whatever is left, we have to buy ourselves) so Kellen and I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and walked the neighborhood. We're down to the last 20 meat sticks (which Steve's parents will be happy to buy off of us for their road trips) and four candy bars. Yeah! And we have three houses that we will visit this afternoon since they said they were busy just then but we could come back another time. And Kellen had bought a couple of things out of the box himself with money that he gets from Steve's parents every holiday (they send $5 in a card for every holiday in the year) so we're really doing pretty well on that. Of the various fund raisers we've done with the scouts, I think I like that one the best, because Kellen got very few people who actually said no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment