Well, Steve went to the bank and they tried to put a stop payment on the credit card payment. We won't know for certain if it worked until tomorrow. The good news is that, rather than hanging in limbo, we got a small loan from Mom and Dad to carry us over, just in case we have to contest the payment and don't see it back for another 10 days. Thank you!
I went to a friend's house to help out with her daycare kids, today. That really was a very good part of my day. Except for the part where I was in a hurry walking there and took a short-cut across a field that landed me in what appeared to be a bog of some sort. I arrived at her house a little wet and muddy around the ankles... Oh, well. Madison had a blast playing with the other kids, nobody hit anyone else, and there were several games played while we were there. It really was a very good morning. After my friend got back, we took all the kids out in the backyard to play a game (at the kids' request) that involved bean bags and buckets strapped the back of each child playing. It was fantastic! We should've had a game like this when I was growing up! Everyone has a bucket strapped behind them and the object is to see how many bean bags you can get in everyone else's buckets while preventing them from getting any in yours. You can only pick up one bean bag at a time, and you can't remove any from your own bucket once they've landed there. Here's a short clip of the kids playing. Madison is the blonde in the red shirt and green bucket.
We ended up staying for lunch, which made us a little late getting home for Madison's nap, especially walking. But that kind of worked out okay since she fell asleep within about 5 minutes of leaving their house, maintaining that state the rest of the walk home and another 20 minutes or so after that, making it a reasonable nap.
While she was sleeping, I tried to tinker with our lawn mower a bit, checking the oil and putting in the new spark plug that I bought for it. Apparently that didn't help, because it was still chugging instead of running after I did that. Then I sent an email to a guy that runs a DIY site for lawn mower repairs and he emailed me back and essentially said that my lawn mower is probably toast. He went into a great more detail than that, and suggested things to keep in mind if I take it to a mechanic, but the short story is that my lawn mower is probably dead. That's really unfortunate right as spring starts and my grass is growing at an alarming rate!
So now we are making some spaghetti for dinner so that we can get out the door to our pack meeting on time. The Bears Den is doing the skit tonight and, with Magic for the month's theme, we have been practicing a few tricks to do for the pack tonight :)
4 comments:
Looked to me like Madison hadn't quite gotten the hang of the game...even though she had fun.
But hooray on the payment. Love disaster diverted, especially when household funds are at stake.
The video is a blast! I counted about 5 balls that Madisn got in her own bucket:) The others looked to be having a great time and getting plenty of exercise. COOL!
I was going to mention how funny it was that Madison was putting the bags into her own bucket, but it seems I was beat to it. It really was funny! Too bad about your mower, that's not fun at all.
Sorry to hear about your lawn mower. That really bites!
Post a Comment