When the Federal tax return came, Steve immediately made an online payment to completely pay off his credit card. That's good. But more than a day later, when he checked the credit card, the payment hadn't posted or showed pending. So he did it again. Then the first payment posted yesterday and the second one is showing pending on our checking account for today! Together, that's over $4000! Needless to say, our checking account is in the hole, by over $300. It can be fixed, but the bank is currently telling us that it will be reviewed and a decision made on it somewhere in the next 10 days! He is going to go down to the bank today to stand on someone's desk and try to get it fixed sooner, because how are we supposed to pay our bills and take care of stuff for the next 10 days when the bank is showing that we have a negative amount of money?! I could do without days that have this kind of stress.... I keep reminding myself that this, too, shall pass but UGH!
In the meantime, I have to go get my shower and be over at a friend's house to supervise her daycare kids for an hour or so while she takes her son to the orthodontist. Hopefully, Steve will be able to call me later with an update of a positive nature!
7 comments:
Oh, so frustrating! We have been in this situation a couple of times and it is very nerve wracking.
This month I decided I was going to be on top of things and pay all our bills early....big mistake. Payday (tomorrow) could not come any sooner. We have had $1 in our account all week and have been hoping nothing unexpected goes through.
Good luck with the bank. I hope it all works out.
Oh wow, sounds frustrating! I hope everything goes through okay. We've had times of negative money in the bank, usually due to some negligence on our part in keeping track of how much we were spending. But no matter how it happens, it's no fun! Good luck!
I hope it all gets straightened out. I think I would have called the credit card company first, before resubmitting the payment. What a bummer.
Big bummer indeed! Somehow, banking with the same bank for so long, we have an overdraft protection amount of $6,500.00 We have only dipped into it a few times, and NEVER that far, but it is nice to know it's there if there's trouble brewing in the checkbook!
BTDT. That can be really hard and I hope that you guys can work it out. For us, if something like that were to happen, it would be a fee to move it back from the credit card, which was NOT fun.
Ouch! That does not sound fun. I hope everything gets straightened out quickly for you. Online payments are great, for the most part, but the one time you can't afford a mess up is always when technology bites you in the rear isn't it. Let us know when it all works out.
This happened to us too several years ago - it was definitely a headache! Hope everything works out okay.
Post a Comment