Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Pic of the Day #60

"Nothing Lasts Forever"Okay, some things do. But not pillowcases. I probably wouldn't have noticed except that this pillowcase is part of one of the first two sets of sheets that Steve and I bought ourselves in the first year that we were married. We bought one blue set and one cream set at Bon Marche ten years ago. The sheets themselves went a couple of years ago, wearing holes in them in places because they were our favorites. I still used the pillowcases with other sheet sets, though. Today, I was making the bed and was putting Steve's pillow in the pillowcase when the edge just started separating completely. Time for these to go now, too, I guess. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Esther said...

That is so sad. We have had a set of sheets since our wedding that bit the dust a few months ago. I never knew they could last that short of a time. I guess all things in time. Maybe I should find a Bon Marche.

Karen said...

I don't think there's such a place as Bon Marche anymore...too bad.

Anonymous said...

I think Bon Marche was bought out by someone else....I can't remember who, though.