Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pic of the Day #52

"Cold Oatmeal"

As an adult, I have had to find ways of eating oatmeal that I like (officially, it's with butter, sugar, and milk/cream) and it's only been in the last few years that I've even made the stuff. Growing up, I positively loathed the stuff. We fixed it for breakfast the other morning and Madison played with it for a while at the table before bringing it to the couch to eat some more. By this time, all of her milk and sugar is gone (because she eats those off the top, and won't let me stir in the sugar) and it's been sitting in the bowl for close to an hour. Yech! But she continued eating it for a while after I took the picture. Stronger stomach than mine, I guess.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

BLECH! She MUST have a stronger stomache than MOST of us!!

Anonymous said...

Very strong stomach! I am still amazed at the things toddlers manage to enjoy that we just can't stand.

Rachel Holloway said...

HEY--forgot to write you name on my blog--but I purse tag you!

Michelle said...

Strangely, I love oatmeal, and I love when the cold milk makes it cold and I stir it up and add even more milk so it is a milky, oatmealy, mess in the bowl, then I lightly sprinkle sugar on the top and dig in. hmmm, I just made myself hungry...