Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A nice Sunday morning

We managed to get up on time this morning and, while I was cutting pumpkin bread for breakfast, Kellen came in with his bible. He started reading it after we gave it to him, which is great, but the Old Testament can be really hard to plow through. In any case, he's made it through to Noah and God's covenant with him, so Kellen was asking about covenants. It was nice to have him interested in what was being said in the scriptures and trying to understand it. I thought it was kind of funny that, after we talked about all of that, he pulled out his pencil and underlined the word 'covenant' in his bible saying something about it being an important word. He's growing up so much, and I worry occasionally about how much time I have left to continue to influence the way that he sees things, and I hope I've done enough so that when the wrong influences come he will know them for what they are. Every parent's worry, I'm sure.

We took the cookies to church and I had been right: I did sign up for March, so that was perfectly okay! This was the first time that I had actually participated in it, though, and I had no idea what I was supposed to do with the cookies once we got there. Someone else told me how and when things are set up and offered to help me with it, which was great. There were two other peole who had signed up for it, but they didn't come until the second service so I was really glad that someone else was willing to help me out sooner than that! Every single one of the ginger crinkles vanished, and all but 5 or 6 of the chocolate chip were gone before we left, which is saying something since I took 40 of each cookie. The first service is at 8:50am, followed by Sunday School at 10am, and the second service at 11am; the cookies get served after the first service and they are left out until the second service so that people attending either service get to have some. Since we attend the first service, we usually leave at 11am to go home and make lunch so that we can Maddi down for a nap at a reasonable time.

After lunch, I unloaded the dishwasher, Steve re-loaded, and I put Madison down for a nap. With a little bit of quiet time on hand, I went for a nap myself, Steve watched some tv and played a video game, and Kellen played on the computer for a while. Steve had a meeting of some sort this evening so he's gone for a couple of hours, I have laundry moving through (because otherwise Steve won't have any dress clothes to wear to work tomorrow), and I still have to decide exactly what I'm making for dinner tonight. It's time to make a menu again because otherwise I really procrastinate on what we're having. I have stew meat defrosted, and beef stroganoff suddenly sounds really good. Hmmmm...

2 comments:

Melinda said...

what a great spiritual and learning experience for Kellen! good thing about the cookies, that you didn't have to figure out something else for them. Hope you enjoy your stroganoff...or whatever you end up making

Rachel Holloway said...

How nice...I love those easy going kind of days!!!