Without a doubt, my least favorite job in the entire house is filing. I would rather clean bathrooms, really. So I gathered my three piles of filing (see below) and finally tackled the job today. I haven't done it since shortly after we moved in, so there are utility invoices, medical invoices, receipts, owner's manuals, and tax-type stuff all jumbled together there.

It really didn't take as long as I had feared this time, and here are all of my tidy piles across the table, which have now been filed away in their respective (appropriate) places, so that I can find them should I (actually ever) need them. Even though that got done, I lost on a few other scores. The vacuuming never got done today, the kitchen is a mess, and dinner was late, which was bad tonight because we had scouts and ended up being late for that. But at least I got a brief one-up on the clutter!
2 comments:
I used to keep everything filed as soon as it came in--WHEN I had a file cabinet at my desk. But now, it is hid away and hard to get to. So, I just pile things and try to go through it every month---but I always feel so behind. :)
I haven't done any filing since we moved in...and I'm not even sure where everything is at the moment. I think I need to get more on the ball with that, more organized, even though I know I'll dread it every time, like you do.
Post a Comment