I have to admit, it was somewhat forced on me today. I had plans to go to the grocery store for eggs, milk, and batteries. But when I got out to my car today it didn't want to start. The kids were buckled in and everything, but we couldn't leave. I came back in the house and called Steve, but that didn't do a whole lot since he's at work and can't solve the problem (or even accurately diagnose it) from there. Then I got on the internet (amazing tool, isn't it?) and searched "car won't start". I got a site that gives some general information on why cars don't start, and a couple of ways to narrow down what it is most likely to be. Using that, it would appear that I just have a dead battery. I pulled out the jumper cables from a tote in the garage so that we can jump it when Steve gets home tonight. In the meantime, if we want to go somewhere, bicycles are the transportation of the day. Since it's breezy and a bit chilly, we're opting to stay home instead; I can go to the store after Steve gets home tonight, no big deal :)
So when Madison went down for her nap today, Kellen and I played a couple of rounds of checkers. I throw down lots of mistakes to give him every opportunity to win, but he's really not a strategist. Neither am I, because Steve almost always beats me at almost any game we play, but Kellen is even less of a strategist than I am. He has fun learning, though, because I try to point choices out to him before he makes his move, to help him see the pitfalls before he takes them. It was fun to just sit and play a game with him for a while, since Madison seems to occupy so very much of my time when she's awake; she's really demanding!
I've pulled chicken for dinner tonight, but I'm not entirely certain what I'm going to do with it yet. I tried Rachel's Parmesan Ranch Chicken earlier in the week, and that was really good. I entertained thoughts of doing something in the dutch oven, or maybe just chicken and dumplings. I don't know yet. So many choices! I am really looking forward to our weekend because Steve actually doesn't have work on Saturday, so I'm wondering what we can do with our day...
Well, now that Maddi is up from her nap, I am going to go get some laundry started; it seems I am forever behind on that, and the consequences are dire!
1 comment:
When it comes to playing games, Jeff and I are very similar to you and Steve. He always wins! Even when we were dating, and introducing him to games we had played as a family for years, he would beat us all. I just don't get it!
Post a Comment