Arts and Crafts
I kind of adapted this idea from one that I saw on another blog (aprongirls.blogspot.com) and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result. It's just a dishwasher detergent bucket (handle removed) with fabric around it. I measured the bucket from the edge of one side, around the bottom and up the other side (if it makes more sense, 2*height + width) and added 2 inches to get the diameter of the circle I needed. I cut two circles and sewed them right sides together until the last few inches so that I could pull it right-side-out and top-stitch around the entire thing. Then I gathered the edges (I used elastic, but twine cut to the circumference of the bucket encased in zig-zag stitches would work as well, if not better) and hot glued the whole thing to the rim of the bucket. Now I have a pretty bucket for Madison's shoes. It's actually held the shoes for quite a long time, but now it finally looks nice instead of just being an empty bucket...

I kind of adapted this idea from one that I saw on another blog (aprongirls.blogspot.com) and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result. It's just a dishwasher detergent bucket (handle removed) with fabric around it. I measured the bucket from the edge of one side, around the bottom and up the other side (if it makes more sense, 2*height + width) and added 2 inches to get the diameter of the circle I needed. I cut two circles and sewed them right sides together until the last few inches so that I could pull it right-side-out and top-stitch around the entire thing. Then I gathered the edges (I used elastic, but twine cut to the circumference of the bucket encased in zig-zag stitches would work as well, if not better) and hot glued the whole thing to the rim of the bucket. Now I have a pretty bucket for Madison's shoes. It's actually held the shoes for quite a long time, but now it finally looks nice instead of just being an empty bucket...
8 comments:
wow! GREAT JOB!!! Very impressed!!!
That is so cute! I like the idea, and may copy it if I get the time.
Wow, Calista! Way to take an idea and go with it!! Very cute.
Random other comment. For fun I followed your better than tag through to where it currently ends and it gets a couple people we don't kno past Mom. Interesting how that worked out, huh?
Actually, that's kind of what I was hoping for; an opportunity to "meet" a few new people through their blogs...
way cute!!! one of these days i'll have to get some fabric and do some projects like that
Very cute! I love things that keep me busy and beautify the home. How does Maddi like her shoe bucket?
I love this idea. I would love to do it. I guess I could do it whether we are having a girl or boy. I guess we will be waiting a little for shoes but what a great place to put socks or baby hats or even onsies.
Post a Comment