Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's been a good day...

We stayed lazy in bed for a bit this morning before getting up to make corned beef hash and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Yum! Then Steve finally cut our broken tree base off of our Christmas tree, which has been sitting on our front porch since the week after Christmas, and we strapped it to the top of my car. I put a couple bags of yard waste stuff in the trunk, and then the kids and I drove down to the recycle center to drop all of it off. Finally, my front porch is empty of things that aren't supposed to be there! Then, this afternoon, the kids and I walked down to the park in the hope that the breeze we felt was sufficient for kites. It wasn't. But we had fun trying to make them fly. After a while, Madison decided to play on the equipment while Kellen continued to try to get his kite in the air. When we were cold enough, we walked back home and made some bean and cheese burritos for dinner, since I didn't have any leftovers in the fridge like I had planned on for tonight. Steve had two meetings tonight, both of which are supposed to be feeding him, so we shouldn't have to worry about dinner for him when he gets home :) I did take pictures, but I'll have to add them later since I haven't downloaded off the camera yet.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Was your tree broken, or your tree stand? You had such a pretty and sturdy tree stand, it would be a shame to have it gone.

Anonymous said...

The tree stand was broken. Keep in mind it's lasted many years in Bob and Judy's house, and then Madison pulled the tree over a few times both this last year and the year before. That isn't good for the stand. The bolts didn't hold the tree properly anymore.