Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Get to know my sweetheart

What is his name? Steve

How long have you been together? Known each other 11 years, married 10 years

How long did you date? 1 year

How old his he? 34

Who eats more? Um, he eats more at a meal, but I snack more

Who said "I love you" first? He did.

Who is taller? Steve, by about 6 in.

Who can sing better? I do; he says he is tone-deaf and has no rhythm :)

Who is smarter? He is.

Who does the laundry? I do mostly, but if I ask he will help

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who sleeps on the right side? Steve

Who mows the lawn? I do.

Who cooks dinner? I do. Steve doesn't make dinner, he makes reservations (his words, not mine :)

Who drives? He drives when we go somewhere as a family, drives a lot for work, and will tell anyone that he makes an awful passenger :)

Who is more stubborn? We each are stubborn in our own ways, but I think he is much more determined once he has made a decision on something.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first, after asking permission :) I thought it was so sweet

Who asked who out first? I asked him to go to a Christmas party with me, which he drove 9 hours to go to... Although (technically) the weekend that we met he invited my friend and her husband over for a movie, knowing that I was visiting them and was part of the package. So he didn't "ask me" but he did make the first move :)

Who proposed? Steve did, a month or so after formally asking my parents for permission to ask me.

Who has more friends? Hard question, because most of the people Steve knows are work-
related, but I'm an introvert; probably him, though.

Who is more sensitive? Me

Who has more siblings? Me (I have 5 siblings, Steve has 1)

Who wears the pants in the family? Depends; we defer to each other's areas of expertise and really try to do things together, but I frequently have to make decisions because he's at work so much of the time and can't be consulted on everything.

I tag whoever wants to share their story!

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

BRANDON PROPOSED TO YOU?!?! That two-timer! :)
jk

Tina said...

Hey this is Tina My tag is on my page so I dont know what happend.. it is thearterfamily.blogspot.com let me know if it doesnt work! Sorry I will figure it out!

Tina said...

Arter family that is!! Do you know how to make it so that both my blogs show up when you click on my name??

Melinda said...

I'm on it. I wasn't sure I was going to, but now that I've seen it in several blogs, I kinda have to...I've been 'tagged' like four times!

Anonymous said...

To Rachel, Ooops :) Obviously, if you go back and read it again, I've fixed that, and I actually did it before I knew that you had commented. When I copied and pasted the entire post from your blog, it came in a paragraph so I was going through removing your responses, putting in mine, and I missed one. I edited it a couple of times as I re-read it, finding things that were wrong (like Brandon proposing...) or that needed clarifying. Anyway, I think these are my final answers :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Calista--I hope you know I was joking. I figured you had caught it right away, but it was funny to point out anyway! :) Hope you had a good laugh--

Anonymous said...

Rachel - Oh, of course :) It never entered my mind that you weren't!