Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Equal parts work and destruction

I had been so thrilled at the nice weather yesterday, and I put it to good use washing my car. I know, it will rain again soon, but my car hasn't had a bath in months and I needed to enjoy the sunshine. While I was washing the car, I let Madison play inside it (keys in my pocket, of course) and she had a blast. She tried to eat my chapstick, she opened my spray bottle of sunglass cleaner, she kept opening the car doors, and she found a blue pen which she used on my steering wheel.
I know my car is old (10 yrs old this year) and it certainly has its issues, but it really didn't need this kind of help! I had talked to Mom yesterday afternoon and she suggested I hit it with some hairspray, since that will sometimes take ink out of fabric. The picture above was taken *after* I dimmed the effects a tiny bit with the hairspray. Obviously, the pen has no intention of leaving nicely. If anyone has any suggestions at all for getting this off my steering wheel, I would much appreciate it! Some days I feel like she's taking everything around me apart, piece by piece :)

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I hate it when I realize that Evie's been left alone and she's found something like a pen/marker/paint. It's like kids suddenly go into turbo and cause as much destruction as they can in the few seconds/minutes they're alone!

Sarah said...

I wish I had some sort of suggestion. The magic erasers work wonders but I don't know if you can use it on steering wheel material. Good luck!

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

I think the magic eraser would work on it too... I've usd it to clean everything.

Karen said...

If you have tried magic eraser and it doesn't do the trick, try Nail Polish Remover. I once removed permanant marker with NPR. Good luck, You have a real artist on your hands!

Anonymous said...

I love toddlers! I agree with your Mom that was my suggestion too, if all else fails nail polish remover or WD 40. Good luck.

Rachel Holloway said...

I really thought the magic eraser would take it off! It has done WONDERS for things in my house--
I would definitely do a google search. Someone out there is BOUND to have an experience like yours! :)