Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thank You

I had a comment from Rachel that she was really glad that I had started blogging and, in reply, I have to really thank several of you. I was absolutely clueless about the blogging world until just a few months ago (Oct 07) and it has been a wonderful opportunity for me. Melinda told me how to open a blog and pointed me in the right direction for some of the ways that I could personalize it. Then I followed links on her blog to find pages for Rachel, Sarah, Esther, and Aunt Annette. I have to tell all of you that I really appreciate the uplifting posts that I find on your blogs, and it really helps me so much. This move wasn't a really easy one for me, especially with having to put a break in my schooling, staying home all day, and dealing with a rather dreary climate change. It has been wonderful to me to be able to get more closely acquainted with all of you. Up until the last few years, the age gap between myself and many others in the family (both my siblings and my cousins) has felt really big, but finding this window into your lives has made me feel so much closer to all of you. I love being able to share in the experiences that you are enjoying/enduring, and I love being able to get on my own blog and see that you were here and commented on what I have shared with you. So, thanks to all of you for making this so much fun and for sharing with me, because I have really enjoyed it. I'm not sure where my sanity would have gone in the last couple of months without this outlet :)

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I, too, love this connection we all can have, especially with age and geological separations. I'm so glad we can all share in this!

Rachel Holloway said...

I too have felt it was a really big gap. It makes me so sad that I really don't know most of my cousins, when a lot of us are in the same stages of life. I love seeing how your life is going and what is happening in your days. Thanks for sharing--and I am so glad this has helped with the move! That is an added bonus!

Sarah said...

I agree with Rachel. I really don't know any of my cousins and it is sad. I too have enjoyed blogging and reading everyone's blogs, though I know I'm not as diligent as all of you. I'm glad you joined.

Karen said...

This was a hard move for me too, and as all my children have split in so many ways I am so pleased that I can share in all your lives this way. When you and Melinda first started blogging I would go on every morning and look at my grandkids before I went to work. It was a real boon to my days. I am not able to get on every day right now but I still love the connection. I also love going on and checking into other family pages and keeping on top of what all is happeningin cousins families.