Make My Day!
Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Mommy sleep in my bed...please?
I absolutely love the warm feeling that flows through my heart when Madison climbs up on my lap and twines her arms around me neck to snuggle in with me. I love getting kisses on my cheek and the soft weight of her sleeping on my lap. All that aside, her need for me is getting to be a little much. She has actually started asking me to sleep in her bed (the title for this post is a direct quote) and won't go to sleep without me there. Inistially, she insisted on having me close enough for her to play with my hair and wanting to pull my head down on her chest (the latter was new this last week) while she drifted off. Most nights we don't even get that far because she won't just fall asleep and she insists on being out in the living room with Steve and I right up until we go to bed. Last night Steve tried to put her to bed for me and all she'd allow was the reading of the stories. When he tried to leave her to go to sleep she pitched a fit. So a couple nights ago I brought a cd player in from the garage and have been playing Mannheim Steamroller and Pachelbel on it. So far, it's working great. I can read her a couple stories, give hugs and and kisses, turn on the music, and sit across the room while she falls asleep. Since it is a huge improvement over what we've been doing, I'll take it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean. I wish I could get Evie to STAY down for naps. Bedtime's okay, but naps are awful! And her middle-of-the-night wake ups...if she gets up later than 3:30, she thinks it's okay to be up. Makes for a long day! I'd love it if she'd just lie with me like Maddi does with you!
Kids do the funniest things. Hopefully it's just a phase. Good luck!
Hooray for a lttle distance! Don't get too far from those hugs... "You're gonna miss 'em when they're gone"
Post a Comment