Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Day Out, Girls and Guys

Snow Day! Our cub pack took a trip to the hills for a fun-filled day in the snow. Since we didn't have snow gear for myself or Madison, Steve and Kellen went to the snow. Madison and I went to a friend's house where Maddi got to play with a couple of other kids (my friend does daycare) and I got to have several hours of adult, female conversation! Wow. Madison evidenced symptoms of only-child syndrome, since she doesn't spend nearly enough time having to share toys with any other children, but it was a really good day out for everyone.
The board that Kellen is carrying in this picture is his, he got it for his birthday a year ago. However, there was much sharing of equipment up there as different kids tried out different ways of getting down the hill :)
The blonde in this picture is Dana, wife to our cubmaster Dave, and she was helping all the kids get started down the hill.

I asked Steve about this picture and he just said that Kellen had wiped out and this was where his current mode of transportation had stopped.

In all, a very good day. Although Steve was a little irked with me that I left my phone charging at home while I was at my friend's house (one he doesn't have a last name or number for) and he wasn't able to get a hold of me when he tried to tell me they when they would be heading for home. I felt a little guilty, being completely free of responsibility for the day, but it felt really good, too. A day out away from the house spending time with a friend felt really good, and left me in a really good mood. I'm sure that sounds a little obvious, but I don't get out that often so, considering how cheerful I felt afterwards, I should probably do it more often :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah for a day out! Looks like Kellen had lots of fun, and his "wipe out" didn't look too bad.