I feel like every time I'm looking for something, I find it as soon as it's too late. For example:
Last night I was making a blueberry pie for Steve to take to an office party, and his mom had kindly provided us with blueberries and a recipe. But I couldn't find the recipe she had given us last night, so I found an alternative in one of my cookbooks. As soon as I was done mixing up the filling, Steve found the recipe that his mom had copied for us.
Today we were catching up on the housework and cleaning the house (we being Kellen and myself). We have a collection of bags made of Christmas fabric and several ribbons made for us by my mom for Steve as an alternative to wrapping paper, so I was folding those and putting them away in a box. I walked through the house to make sure that I had all the bags and ribbons, so that they're all in the same place ready for next year. As soon as I used a strip of packaging tape to close the box, I found one more bag under the box.
It is very seldom that I seem to find things before it's too late, and it gets extremely frustrating. I feel like I spend all of my time looking for things, and much that time thinking, "I know I saw that recently, somewhere that it wasn't supposed to be..." because I saw it while I was looking for something else! I need to get organized and find the 'right' place for everything in my house so that things always have their own place to be put away. Maybe then I won't spend quite so much time looking for them...
1 comment:
I know what you mean. After searching all over the house this week for the camera, I found it...exactly where it belonged. Hate it when that happens!
Post a Comment