Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Time for Contemplation

Steve had to leave yesterday evening for a training in Dallas, and won't be back until Friday evening. That means that the kids and I had leftover cinnamon pull-aparts for breakfast, ramen and sandwiches for lunch, and leftover pizza for dinner. A really easy day all around, especially since Kellen didn't have school today. The only thing we really did today was go to the hardware store (twice) for nuts and bolts for putting together my quilting frame, since I'm not sure where the hardware got packed. Now the kids are in bed and I crocheted for a while, watching a movie. But, no matter what I do to fill the time, I can't help but remember that there is a cold bed waiting for me. Usually, in the evenings, I read out loud to Steve (it helps him empty his head of work stuff so he can sleep) but tonight I'm watching my movie alone, and there won't be anyone to talk to when I go to bed. The aim here isn't to be self-pitying, but rather to recognize those moments when I so very clearly see how much I need him. He has his quirks that bug me every once in a while, but when he's not here I miss his company, and I can't wait for him to get home again. And now you see how strange I get when I only have my own thoughts for company, and it's only been 24 hrs :) So I am going to try to get some sleep before I have to tackle tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I think it's funny how that works. I also really dread the next time Aaron has a business trip. Also, I woke up around midnight (ten your time, about when you would have been posting) and was thinking about you. Should have thought to call. Bet it would've made the night a little easier. Sorry.