Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Madison's Swim Lessons

I have been having some problems getting this to come up properly, so hopefully this works this time. I was talking to Melinda during the summer about swim lessons and was intending to send her some video footage (taken with our 3 yr old digital camera, so not great quality) of Madison's lessons so she could see them. For those with small children, I would highly recommend it. This particular program will start them as early as 6 mos old, teaching them to swim for the wall, float on their backs, and to turn over to float when they need a breath while swimming. It's really very cool, although rather difficult to watch your child do it the first time. After that, it's quite incredible to realize that a child under the age of two can be taught to swim a few feet on their own. It may only buy me a few seconds of response time, but I'll take what I can get in the event of an emergency :) The woman teaching her is Dotty, a very good friend. She offered the lessons to us for free, so all I had to do was drive into Boise from Caldwell every day for a couple weeks, and Kellen got to swim, too, while Dotty worked with Madison.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks for getting that up. It was cool to see Maddy get to the wall, but I can see what you mean by a little nerve racking. It looked like she was going under. We'll see about lessons this year.

Rachel Holloway said...

Welcome to the world of blogging...be prepared to dedicate all spare moments of wandering thoughts to what you could possibly put on your blog next...so much fun! :) My kids LOVE the water and I would love to look into swim lessons come summer...looks like so much fun!

Sarah said...

That is really cool. It's amazing what young kids can do. Maybe I'll be brave enough this summer to have Emma try it.