First of all, I have to make a correction on yesterday's post. The boys are called the Three Musketeers at school, not the Three Amigos. My mistake.
Second, OMSI was GREAT!! Bummer: I forgot my camera at home! The boys had a great time doing all the puzzles with Steve. I got nailed with following Madison all over the place while she did whatever entertained her at the moment. I did get to play a round of Mancala with a boy that was trying to explain it to his grandma. Since I was sitting right there next to the un-occupied game, then I volunteered to play a round with him so he could show them. He was probably 12-14 yrs old, which made us about an even match, because I'm LOUSY at strategy games. And Mancala does require strategy. I won, but only by two points. It was fun to sit and play for a bit while Madison assembled towers with blocks. Then Madison and I went upstairs to the science play room, intending to let Maddi play with the other toddlers that were there, but they were doing face painting! Well, we had get her face painted! So we stood in line so that she could have a cute little puppy dog face painted on her. DID I MENTION I FORGOT THE CAMERA!?! Oh, well. I took a couple with my phone, but I have no idea how to get them off of there now because I don't have a data plan; I can't just email them to myself. I'll have to work on that... In the meantime, we met Steve and the boys back downstairs at the entrance to the Planetarium for a show, which was free that evening. We were envisioning something to do with the planets. How silly were we? It was a U2 concert set to CG pictures. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome. But the pictures were the bizarre, moving, give you motion-sickness sort, if you're inclined that way. Steve is. So Steve spent most of the 45 minutes of the concert with his eyes closed feeling a little sick. Really too bad. With everything moving across a domed ceiling above us, it looked really cool. Afterwards, the museum was closing (it was just from 6-9pm) so we headed out to the car and detoured through Coldstone before actually dropping Calvin off and going home ourselves. It was rather a late night for us, but we had a lot of fun so it was well worth it. There were so many people there, though, that we've decided we need to go back again on a normal day and try to go early enough that it's not so crowded.
Well, Kellen had an excellent day today. We took his Popcorn Sales sheet to church with us and found a HUGE amount of help from our church members! Actually, considering how many other kids were waving their school/girl scout fundraiser flyers, I'm amazed at what Kellen managed. All told, he was able to get $330 in popcorn orders JUST at the church. Wow. And he also got to help out with Communion, holding the basket that everyone puts their little cup into afterwards.
When we got home, we did hot dogs (kids) and brats (Steve and I) for lunch, laid Madison down, and then Steve and Kellen went out on the streets with another boy from our den while I got some homework done. I was getting quite frustrated with finding the resources necessary to complete the math that was on my Earth Sciences assignment; he hadn't given us a place to find the formulas we needed and they certainly weren't in the text book. I can only imagine that he's making us review all of that stuff (because I KNOW I knew that information at one time) in order to be able to do the lab work, which I have on Thursdays.
I think that about wraps up today. We are so excited that Kellen is almost 1/3 of the way to his goal and are going to be participating in a blitz this Saturday as well as going another direction on the streets near our house during this week. Hopefully we will actually be able to hit our mark! In the meantime, lunches are ready for tomorrow, my homework is done, and it's just about time to tuck Maddi in bed. Yeah! My favorite time of the day :)
4 comments:
I am so glad Kellen is so determined and doing so well with his popcorn sales. If I had the money to justify it right now, I would totaly help out!
Sounds like a lot of fun at the musuem this weekend. Don't you hate forgetting your camera?? :)
I've been to a planetarium show once - it also wasn't about planets, I learned about the Theory of Relativity. It was weird, but for that brief little while, I actually understood the theory. It hasn't made sense since then, but it did for a while! :-)
I'm also terrible at strategy games. I can do alright at mancala, but most games I'm pretty easily creamed.
Oh man! What a bummer you didn't have the camera with you! It sounds like a really fun day. We have a membership to the science center here in Boise, I really need to take the boys there more often...
Kellen is really flying on his popcorn sales. Way to go Kellen!
Sounds like you guys are having a good time there! Kudos to you for going to school - it's a big challenge when you have little ones.
Post a Comment