After breakfast this morning, we got a little housework done. That means that Kellen changed the sheets on his bed, I made my bed, he cleaned his room, I started laundry, he cleaned his bathroom, I straightened the living room, vacuumed, and mopped the floors. Oh, and I ran the dishwasher. Nothing massive, just a little maintenance so that I could tolerate it. That would be the not-Lazy part.
We haven't done anything constructive the rest of the day. Kellen played with Legos in his room or with the video games, Maddi played all over the house, and I continued reading The Man in the Iron Mask. It's pretty heavy reading, because the wording for everything in it is so very complicated, but it's great to sift through to the meaning and find the story that I'm somewhat familiar with. We used to watch the original movie (starring Richard Chamberlain) when I was growing up, and I always loved it. I keep requesting Netflix to put it up, so we'll see. But the movie starts at about the half-way point in the book, which isn't surprising considering the length it would make the movie if they covered all the details; it's just not practical. Anyway, what I didn't know (before reading the book) is that the books The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers are prequels to The Man in the Iron Mask; I had no idea they were all connected. I can see that Netflix is ordering those two movies (in their originals with Richard Chamberlain, too) because they're available to save now. Hmmmm.... I told Steve I was going to have to watch those, too. On the subject of Richard Chamberlain, did you know he was born in 1934, and was 42 years old when he did The Slipper and the Rose? Talk about aging well... I think that's enough random stuff for one day. Time to go get dinner out of the oven.
6 comments:
Wow, he did age well! I didn't think he looked any older than 35 in Slipper and the Rose. I haven't seen his version of Iron Mask, I'll have to check it out. Sometime. If I can ever find it.
Good job on getting so much done this morning. It may not seem like so much to you, but we didn't do any housework today at all(despite the fact that it is SORELY needed). Oops.
Did I miss something somewhere? Why is Kellen not in school??
Rachel - his school had an inservice day or something today. Back to the books on Monday. The good thing is that he likes being at school :) Days at home are boring for him.
I didn't know about the musketeer books, either...maybe will have to put them on my to-read list. Oh, wait...I'm not gonna have time to read for the next several months. j/k.
Yeah for getting things done!
As satisfying as housework is, every time I look around and notice another thing that I haven't got to yet, I groan (inside and out). The good part is: when you have kids, you can justify not cleaning some things up, because it's not worth watching them do it again in five minutes.
love ya
Ditto...didn't know the stories were all connected. I wonder if they are on tape, CD,mp3 or something I can listen to at work??
Sounds to me like you got lots done. Enjoy the rest of the day...or what is now Sat.
Post a Comment