
7am comes right in the middle of getting Steve and Kellen out the door in the morning, but I hurried into the bedroom to snag a shot of my watch that Steve gave to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. Steve had to leave a little early so he had yogurt with granola while I made oatmeal for myself and the kids. As per the usual morning schedule, I also put together lunches for Steve and Kellen, and even pulled chilled cookie dough to make fresh cookies for their lunches.

Usually, Steve leaves with Kellen at 8am, but he had to leave at 7:45 so I was going to have to take Kellen to school. I also wanted to go by the post office to mail our tax stuff and to get a package shipped to my sister-in-law. My niece's birthday was last month, and I had a gift all ready and even wrapped, but I forgot to send it to their house with Steve's parents. Ugh! So this is a picture of our microwave as I am rushing to get everything together and the kids to the car so that I can get Kellen to school and mail stuff first thing that morning.

By 9am, I was back at the house and had gotten the dishwasher loaded and dinner started in the crockpot, so I took a picture of the clock on the stove.
Then I checked some blogs and put it the post from yesterday morning. At 10am it was time to get Maddi in the car so that we could go to story time at the library. It started out with a rather small group at the beginning, but there was a huge influx of kids at the end, making it really crazy in there.
We left the library at about 11am, going to my friend Winnie's house to drop off Garrett's sippy cup that was left at our house (someone dropped it in yucky water in the sink, meaning that the cup required a cleaning!) so I took a quick picture of her down-stairs microwave.
We got back home and made lunch for Madison and myself, quickly followed by laying Madison down for a nap. Now that the house was quiet, it meant that I had a little bit of time for myself. I considered playing a video game, but ended up just puttering. In the meantime, I took a picture of the vcr clock. Sorry it's so very dark.
At 1pm, Madison was still down, and I was surfing the tv to see if there was anything worth watching, so I took this one of the directv clock.
At 2pm I was on the phone with my sister, LaNita, which was a very enjoyable chat. It was great to hear about the fun things that Dallas is doing and some of the things that are going on in their lives right now. I don't have very many clocks in my house (other than the other computer and Kellen's alarm clock, you've already seen them ALL) so I put on a watch yesterday, knowing that I was going to need a few of the watches that we've collected over the years, so this is the watch that I bought at Disneyland during our most recent trip in November.
Kellen gets out of school at 2:50pm and, on Tuesdays, has piano lessons at 3:15. This means that I pick him up, take him home to drop off his backpack and pick up his piano books, and then go straight to his lesson. Since we were in the car at the time, it seemed appropriate to take advantage of one more clock!
Kellen's piano lessons end at about 4pm, so Madison and I were sitting parked in the driveway waiting for Kellen to come out. There was really too much glare for this one to come out right, but it's obviously my cell phone.
5pm and dinner is almost ready. I crock-potted some chili and had just put cornbread in the oven. Steve didn't have any meetings, but I hadn't actually gotten the call saying that he was on his way home yet, either.
Dinner is now over and, thanks to Steve and Kellen, most of the clean-up is already done! At this point, Steve asks why I am taking a picture of our alarm clock... I explain about the "Day in Pictures" that I'm doing. He says that several of his watched don't have batteries, so I could just set them to the times that I need, take the rest of the pictures all at once, and be done with it. No! That's cheating! He thinks I'm being silly, but he'll indulge me since it's harmless :) In the meantime, there's not much to do so Steve and I have a race to the video games and he talks me into letting him go first. I come check the blogs again...
At 7pm we send Kellen off to take his shower so that he can start getting ready for bed. Steve has abandoned the video games already so I get to play for a while now. Unfortunately, I forgot to save after the last time I played, so I have to repeat a whole bunch of stuff before I start making any progress in my game again.
At 8 o'clock it's time to put Kellen to bed, so this is the alarm clock in Kellen's room. It's interesting to see how his bedtime routine has changed over the years. It used to be the bath, the pj's, the treat, the teeth, the story, and the bed, with either Steve or myself tucking him in. Somewhere in the last year, we dropped off the story, because he's getting a little old for that now. Madison used to give him hugs and kisses out in the living room but, at some point, she started following him to his room. So now he gets in bed, she climbs up to give him hugs and kisses, and then she leaves. And just in the last month or so, Steve and I both go in to tuck him in, instead of only one of us. Anyway, just interesting...
Steve has a blackberry for his phone. He loves the fact that he can get his email anywhere, I feel like it makes it easier for work to follow him home... Anyway, he took this picture with his phone while we were at Disneyland in November and uses it for the wallpaper now. At 9pm, I had just gotten Madison to sleep, which leaves me free to play my video game just a little longer, until Steve is ready to go to bed.
Shortly after 10pm, we decide the day has been long enough. I take a picture of clock on the other computer screen right before we go to bed. Ahhhh! Blessed sleep!
4 comments:
You're not the only one who hadn't done the day in pictures. I really want to but have yet to do it. I love seeing everyone's pictures throughout the day.
Lots of fun. Good job finding so many watches and clocks to use, I had to resort to using the same one over and over after a while.
Finding watches in our house isn't hard. I have about 10 and Steve has 15-20. He collects them (so about half are Disney watches) and I've kind of fallen into it :)
It was great to hear about your day! Your normal day sounds about as eventful as mine. Sounds like story time was a blast, anyway. Lots of cute watches!!
Post a Comment