All Broken Up

I realize this wasn't taken in a particularly artistic manner, but I was rather sad that it happened. It makes me wonder about how realistic it is to have pretty things when you have a toddler.... Anyway, Steve's parents bought this cup at Disneyland for Kellen when he was little and had his name etched on it (and did the same for Madison just recently). They usually reside in a small table with a glass lid and a door (designed for you to be able to display your pretties inside the table) but Madison pulled it out today. The door faces the wall, to inhibit just this action, but she'd been watching an episode of Bear in the Big Blue house that talked about opposites. Bear was trying to decide if he wanted hot tea or cold tea. So Madison ran to get the two cups and excitedly ran through the living room knocking them together and saying that she wanted hot tea. I heard her getting into the table, but I just wasn't fast enough to get the cups away before she broke Kellen's.
3 comments:
What a bummer! It drives me crazy sometimes to know that having small children makes it nearly impossible to have sentimental things sitting out--wouldn't trade the kids for anything though!
My one really pretty thing is being held safe and Mom B's house, in her out-of-reach-to-little-kids china cupboard. It's the cake topper that we had of the blown-glass I.F. Temple. Sorry about your cup, though!
How sad. I know what you mean about pretty things not being feasible with a toddler - most of mine are packed up in boxes, awaiting the day when the kids move out, I suppose.
Post a Comment