
Kellen, meanwhile, spent the whole drive playing with his Game Boy (you can tell that he knows I'm taking his picture because of the funny quirk of his mouth; he's not giving his full attention to his game).

Almost immediately upon arrival, the guys headed out to the garage to work on the cars. For those of you who didn't already know, that's not a caterpillar on Steve's face, he is currently sporting a goatee in the interest of the pirate theme we'll have for daycamp this summer. This is only notable because he's spent almost all of our marriage clean-shaven. He's been growing this for a few weeks now, but he says it's kind of itchy and he's likely to shave it off again as soon as daycamp is over.
Bob put one of his sanders upside down in some clamps for sanding down Kellen's car once the basic shape was cut.
Then he set up a different sander in the same fashion so that Kellen could do more of the sanding on his own.
This is a line-up of the cars belonging to Steve and Bob from their cub scouting days. I know I asked at the time which ones belonged to who, but now I can't remember, so I'll have to ask Steve again... Anyway, two were Bob's and two were Steve's.
These are the almost-finished cars for Kellen (red) and Madison (blue). Steve and Bob had to go to Wal-Mart for some extra supplies and took Madison with them so that she could pick out her own color for her car.
This is the beginning of Steve's Jeep. He cut it a little thin on the right side and had to build it back up a bit with wood putty, and waiting for that to cure was the reason his Jeep wasn't done before we left. He's debating now about maybe just painting it the way it is and saying that it was in a roll-over accident while off-roading :) We'll see what he decides to do.
For our visit, Bob and Judy bought something new for each of the kids. Madison got a Dora board book and Kellen got a model airplane to assemble. He followed all the instructions and put it together almost entirely by himself.
This is the finished airplane, which he spent a great deal of time "flying" all over the house :)
Madison enjoyed unlimited story time while we were there, first with Grandma...
And again later with Papa. She used to call him "Popeye" and he was a bit disappointed this trip to realize that she has perfected the word Papa now and doesn't call him the other. We were a little sorry to see that cute phrase go :)
Madison also played with a couple of activity/color booklets and the colored pencils while we were there.

She was kind of bouncing off the walls at one point so I took her outside to play in the back yard for a while. It's not fenced, but it is huge. The shed at her back is what Steve spent his weekends working on with his dad this last summer during the month that he was here by himself (the kids and I had to follow after the house sold).
Well, I think that about covers the trip. This, of course, wasn't all of the pictures we took, but I think it's enough...
Madison also played with a couple of activity/color booklets and the colored pencils while we were there.
She was kind of bouncing off the walls at one point so I took her outside to play in the back yard for a while. It's not fenced, but it is huge. The shed at her back is what Steve spent his weekends working on with his dad this last summer during the month that he was here by himself (the kids and I had to follow after the house sold).
Well, I think that about covers the trip. This, of course, wasn't all of the pictures we took, but I think it's enough...
4 comments:
Glad to see pictures up! I love the picture of Madison reading next to Papa. I think it's so cute to see little kids curled up next to their grandpas with a book. The cars look cool and I'm excited to hear how they run. Steve's whiskers look...I dunno, you don't have a close enough pic. Aaron learned to like his, though, if we keep it trimmed away from his lips. Hooray for weekends with grandparents!!
First off, I don't think you can ever have enough pictures! :)
Brandon has gone a few days without shaving before, and I just went to bed with a bandaid above my lips so that when he kissed me goodnight I wouldn't have to feel the scratch...he didn't think that was too funny and went and shaved. :)
I love the look of Jeff in a goatee, but like Rachel, the scratchies are just too irritating to handle. Jeff also finds it too itchy and hence his goatees never last long. The cars looked fun. I remember watching my dad and brothers designing derby cars. It's lots of fun.
Your weekend at Bob and Judy's looks like fun. The derby will be great! Can't wait to see the fun they have there. I'm with Rachel, you can't have too many pictures...especially since the subject matter is my grandkids!
Post a Comment