Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

That girl!

Madison was was eating a banana and thought she would help me unload the dishwasher. Although not disastrous this time, the following picture is the result of that combination. I gave her a cup to put away in the cupboard (the one visible just at the left edge of the photo) but she decided she needed it to put her banana in. Now she's not only NOT helping with the dishwasher, but she's making more dirty dishes! (mock outrage :)Then, while I was reloading the dishwasher, she started playing with the paper shredder (supposed to be sitting under the computer that can be seen there in the photo) and started out just by dumping the contents on the floor. This quickly escalated to pretending the paper was snow. She threw it in the air, she tried to slide on her belly once, and she made snow angels in it :)
This one is simply the evidence of her presence. For the record, this container was on the top shelf in the dishwasher. When I found it melted, I checked the controls on the front of the dishwasher; she had pushed the 'temp boost' button. I don't ever turn that on (it uses more energy, and I'm thorough enough with my rinsing that my dishes don't need it) and I frequently have to turn it off because I know that she does push it. We didn't check last night when we turned on the dishwasher before going to bed. Now the container is melted beyond repair. Fortunately, we are required to recycle here so, even though I can't use it in it's current state, it will go in the recycling bin to be melted down into something new and start a new life somewhere else :)


4 comments:

Sarah said...

It's amazing the things kids think up to do...and how fast they can do them. It looks like she had a lot of fun in the paper.

Michelle said...

The paper thing looks like something my 3 would do. I am sure it was easier to clean up than thousands of tiny styrofoam ball from a bean bag chair. That was fun. Of course, the bigger the mess, the funnier the picture is for posting. :-)

Karen said...

I think Maddi has a wonderful imagination and I'm so glad you got pics of her in the paper! Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

The paper pics are simply adorable. You have to love kids, we had simular days, you'll see when you read my blog posts for today. Kids can get into ANYTHING before we know it. This is why we became Mommies, right? It looks like she had a blast.