Yeah! Ten years ago today, Steve and I pledged our lives to each other. Part of me feels like we've just always been here, and the other part wonders how the time could have passed so quickly. In that time:
2 kids
4 states
5 jobs for him
6 moves
6 cars
9 jobs for me
Lots of road trips
A few fights
Several disagreements
Countless memories; some good, some not, each priceless
The other night, after the kids had gone to bed, we were getting some snacks and he was being thoughtful about something he thought I might want (I can't remember what) and he said that he just wanted to treat me like a queen, because that's what I am; his queen. Steve doesn't make fast a free with the compliments or anything, so when he says something like that I tend to pay attention. He works so hard to take good care of us, and I am so proud of the person that he is. He is having to put in extra hours at work today trying to get membership in before the end of the year, and I see him struggle almost daily with the decisions that come with management. He wants so much to do the right thing, to be fair, and to provide opportunities for those around him to succeed. Sometimes I have a hard time swallowing the extra hours that he puts in, but when I see him wrestling with issues that go contrary to his ethics, it reminds me again that he is just being the person I wanted to marry ten years ago. It doesn't always come easy, but I am so glad that we're still here.
1 comment:
Yeah! Congratulations on 10 years. You're so right, it isn't always easy but it sure is worth it to see the history you build together. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment