Make My Day!

Leave your thoughts and comments; they always lift me up!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Having Fun!

Well, we have enjoyed some really nice weather here lately so we have been spending part of each day out in the sunshine. On Friday, after school, Kellen requested to play with our giant bubble blower...



Then, Saturday morning we took a bike ride to the grocery store and Maddi didn't want to go potty at the store so we went home before going to park (instead of stopping on our way home) but that's okay because the park is less than two blocks from our house. They had a great time being out. Madison was pulling the sun shade from her stroller all the way over while we walked there. Once we got to the park, Kellen rode his scooter most of the time, and Madison periodically tried to catch him. She also ran through someone else's basket ball game at the far end of the concrete court. It was so nice to be out for a while.



Today we pulled Madison's crib and changing table from her room, replacing it with a box spring and mattress (sitting on the floor) and a dresser that we got from Steve's great-grandmother. We had visited Wal-Mart last night to get a waterproof matress pad and two sets of sheets, so I made up her bed when we had everything in. We did notice, however, that we don't actually have a twin quilt that is hers. I have an old nine-patch that was mine as a child packed here somewhere that we'll pull out for the time being, but I am definitely going to have to see what I can do about getting a twin quilt done for her. I have a top that was too feminine to ever do for Kellen, so maybe I can get a back for it and have it done for her for Christmas, if I use long stitches of heavy thread instead of actually quilting it. There's no way I'll get it done in time if I try to quilt it.

In the meantime, my biggest worry with her is that she's not going to take naps anymore. She only took naps before because there was nothing else for her to do once I put her in the crib. We finally removed the crib because it's not safe for her to be constantly climing out of it, but now I don't have any way of making her stay put for a nap. Already today it's a quarter after one and she's still out playing in the living room because she won't lay down long enough to go to sleep. Oh, well. We'll have to take that one as it comes.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Your park is so cute and fun! I'm jealous. Looks like it was great fun to be out and about. Congrats on Maddi's successful potty trip, even if you had to run home for it. I understand completely about naps. Good luck with the big bed!